2020 Edtion: The Northcote Graduate Scholarships in Australia
The Northcote Graduate Scholarships in Australia, 2020 is open for Only for UK Residents. The grant permits Bachelor, Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects educated at Australian Universities . The due date of the scholarhip is April 3, 2020
Qualification Level: Masters and Bachelors
Accessible Subject: This Scholarship is accessible for every one of the subjects educated in the college. There is no confinement on the field of study.
Grant Benefits: Fully subsidized
an economy return airfare to Australia
installment of obligatory college expenses and charges
a liberal quarterly living stipend
Qualified Nationalities: UK
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be UK-resident and need to ascertain their own eligibility for a postgraduate programme (MA or PhD) in Australia.
- Application forms will be made available on this webpage from April
- After the closing date submissions are distributed to an Evaluation Committee
- The Trustees then decide the scholarship awardee(s)
- The decision is communicated to all applicants approximately 2 months after submissions close (i.e. around the end of October)
Applications must be supported by:
- A statement from the applicant on the proposed course (1 or 2 pages)
- Two references from persons able to assess the academic potential and character of the applicant
- A Firm Offer from the university. If no offer has yet been obtained then a statement from the host institution in Australia indicating that programme of study can be appropriately pursued there and that the candidate is eligible and has been given provisional acceptance
- A statement of why the study must be undertaken in Australia
- A CV
- The above must be completed on the Northcote Postgraduate Scholarship application form
Terms and Conditions:
- The flight out must be taken within one year of the award
- No funds above those stated will be entertained
- The award be granted for no longer than 3 years
- Scholars are responsible for arranging their own health cover, insurance etc.
- A yearly report must be submitted on progress and expenditure. This must be supported by course supervisors. Continuation of the grant depends on satisfactory reports
- A comprehensive report on completion of the study is also required
We aim to publish application forms annually in April.
The forms are then also obtainable from The Northcote Trust Administrator:
The Northcote Trust
c/- The Britain-Australia Society
London WC2B 4LG